Ancient Arizona Kaisers Have Never Experienced Rust, Believe Life Is Eternal [Down On The Street Bonus Edition]

This is Down On The Street Bonus Edition, where we check out interesting street-parked cars located in places other than the Island That Rust Forgot. You don't see many 1940s cars that live outside and haven't succumbed to the dreaded Rust Monster, but iron atoms have a tougher time getting together with oxygen in Arizona's dry climate. 57Sweptside has spotted this pair of '49 Kaisers in Phoenix, and they look pretty solid. The Traveler is an especially interesting find, due to its weird but functional hatch feature that makes the car into an ahead-of-its-time crypto-utility vehicle. Jump away for all the photos and 57Sweptside's description.



I spotted this 1949 Frazer Manhattan (?) and 1949 Kaiser Traveler before, but I forgot where they were. I stumbled across them again on my way to pick up a radiator for my 1980 Z28 project. There are actually spider webs between the tires and ground. Nobody was home, so I had to make due with the exterior pics only. I had no idea how cool the Traveler was until I googled it.

After finding these in a "historic" neighborhood, I correctly concluded that there would be other classics around. Unfortunately, they were all in driveways. I snapped a few shots from the street. The Ford truck was on the street.


DOTS FAQ



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий